8th to 12th May 2023
Theme: Political Economy in the Built Environment
Shelter Afrique 42nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) & Symposium
Check the Requirements on the tabs below
Immigration Guidelines for Entry and Visa Processing:
- All participants should submit the data pages of their international passports, at least two weeks before arrival.
- Visa on Arrival is valid for the first fourteen (14) days.
- All applicants should present an international passport that has not less than six (6) months of validity at the time of arrival
Visa on Arrival to Nigeria for African Countries
|9||Central African Republic||$177|
|13||Democratic Republic of the Congo||$113|
|39||Republic of the Congo||$221|
|41||Sao Tome and Principe||$160|
Visa fees for member countries- and the need to send their biodata page 15 days before travel. firstname.lastname@example.org
Port Health Entry Guidelines:
Current Entry Guidelines for International Passengers into Nigeria.
- Presently the COVID-19 pandemic declared by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2020 has NOT been declared over by WHO.
- The federal government de-escalated but did not deactivate its COVID-19 Entry Protocol on December 12, 2022.
- There are currently active outbreaks of the deadly and highly contagious/infectious Marburg Hemorrhagic Viral Disease (MVD) in Equatorial Guinea and Tanzania as well as the Lassa Fever outbreak in Ghana.
- Yellow Fever is endemic in Nigeria.
- All arriving passengers are encouraged to fill out the Health Declaration Form Online before they board any airline to Nigeria. This is very important, especially for passengers from countries with current outbreaks of MVD as well as passengers from bordering countries. Website: https\\nitp.ncdc.gov.ng
- All arriving passengers are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before traveling to Nigeria.
- All arriving passengers are encouraged to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever and to be in possession of their Yellow Card on arrival in Nigeria.
Security Guidelines for Carrying a Closed-body Weapon:
- Name of the security personnel carrying the arm.
- Copy of the date page of the personnel passport.
- Provide details of arms such as:
- Number of the Arms
- The caliber of the Arms.
- Serial number of the Arms
Access To The Conference Venue
Name: Transcorp Hilton Abuja
All participants need to be registered prior to the meeting in order to be allowed access. Those who registered online can collect their ID Badges at the registration counter. Those who would like to register on-site must fill out the appropriate registration forms to receive their ID badge. Registered participants will be screened and are advised not to bring weapons, ammunition, flammable items, or sharp objects. Participants must present their passport (for international participants) or identification card (for national participants) to collect their ID badge.
Where to Pick Up Your Badge?
The main Registration Centre is located at the meeting Venue.
VIP Badges for Ministers and Heads of Delegations
Ministers and Heads of Delegations will be issued non-photo badges, provided that they are pre-registered. Their badges will be available as from 6th of May 2023.
» All member states of Shelter Afrique
» Representatives of Interested state governments and Ministry, Department and Agencies
» Representatives of intergovernmental organizations
» Individual experts and consultants in the field of affordable and low cost housing
» Media members accredited by the Federal Ministry of Power, Housing and Works
Local Organising Comittee (LOC) of SHAF 42nd AGM, Federal Ministry of works and Housing:
List of Recommended Hotels:
|S/N||HOTEL||DISTANCE FROM TRANSCORP HILTON||
(Bed & Breakfast)
|NIGERIAN NAIRA RATE||US$ CONVERSION RATE (Estimate)||CONTACT|
King Standard room
Standard Deluxe room
King Deluxe room
Address P.M.B 1 ,200 Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Abuja. Follow this link shorturl.at/abmJZ or contact
Senior Sales Executive
TRANSCORP HILTON ABUJA
t: +234 9 4613000
Abuja Continental Hotel
Superior Room Premium
1, Ladi Kwali Street, Wuse Zone 4
Contact Person: Nanji Tyem
|3.||Reiz Continetal Hotel||6.1 Km||
Delux Single Room
Plot 779, Cadastral Zone AO, Central Area. Abuja Tel: (+234-9)4619110, 08039676940
Contact Person: Aham G. Amaka
|4.||Rock View Hotels||1.8 Km||
NGN 31 ,584
NGN 106 ,711
Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent Wuse ll Abuia. Classic Tel: (O9) 4614600-30 Royale: Tel: (O9) 46128OO -60. +2348O39O438OO-3O
Contact Person: Osho Anna
|5.||Bolton White Hotel||6.6Km||
7, Gwandu Street, Opp. Sahad Stores, Area II, Garki Abuja. Tel: +234 – 09-94626960
Contact Person: Onyinye +2348167455860
|6.||John Wood Hotel||7.0 Km||
Superior ROOM (SGL)
6, Sokode Crescent, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja. Tel: +2349038852600
+234(0)908 899 1354
Contact Person: Jenifer +2349088991354